Our community is a proud voice of People and Culture professionals working in Canada's tech sector and can be trusted to accurately represent the challenges, successes and future needs of our industry, but we can’t do that by ourselves. We need others who believe in what we do and want to be a part of the community, to collaborate and to lead together, so that we can collectively make a difference.
Before we go any further there are a couple things you need to know so you can get the most out of a membership plan:
We offer annual Company Memberships:
|Membership Categories||Membership Fees||Salary Survey Participant Fees||Total Annual Cost|
Small Company (less than 75 Canadian employees)
|$395||$795||$1,190 + GST|
|Mid-Sized Company (75-250 Canadian employees)||$495||$895||$1,390 + GST|
|Large Company (250+ Canadian employees)||$595||$995||$1,590 + GST|
A company membership includes an unlimited number of Human Resources (HR) reps.
To become a member, a company must meet the following criteria:
- A company or division of a company operating in Canada whose core business is the development and/or distribution of technology-based products or services (a tech sector company or division).
- Have a dedicated HR rep.
- Have at least 30 employees.
Members are also required to participate in and purchase the annual Tech Salary Survey. The participant fees (listed above) represent a 58% - 67% savings from the non-participant price. For 2021, participating Alberta members will receive the Tech Salary Survey for free!
(If unable to meet this salary survey requirement due to extenuating circumstances, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.)
What are the Benefits of our Membership?
Tech Salary Survey
- This has been the leading BC Tech Salary Survey for more than 20 years, with 150 BC tech companies participating.
- The 2020 survey has expanded into Alberta and includes Alberta Tech Salary data for 35 positions.
- The survey is produced in partnership with Mercer, and the survey questionnaire is completed in May and June by our members and the results are available in early September.
- Participant rates begin at $795 CAN, which is a 67% savings from the retail price of $2,395 CAN.
- More than 200 positions are reported (from CEO to Cloud Ops Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, CFX Artist and Customer Success Manager) in the following tech subsectors: IT, digital media and gaming, visual FX / animation, wireless, alternative energy and life sciences.
Click here to learn more about specific positions.
Benefits Buying Plan and Benefits Survey
- Free Tech Benefits Survey report every 2 years
- Participate in the tech industry benefits buying plan with other members. By pooling our premiums together, member companies are saving significant amounts of money! Plans are unique to your organization in terms of experience ratios and plan design.
- Access valuable benefits consulting services provided by HUB International, our tech industry experts.
Learn more about our member benefits program with HUB International here.
Access to 500+ HR Professionals in the Tech Sector
- Networking opportunities with hundreds of peers who are also managing people and culture teams within Canadian tech companies
- Collaborate, learn and share information with peers who are driving HR practices at nimble growth stage and award winning anchor tech companies
- Instant access to peer group collaboration through our members-only Slack channels.
Tools & Resources
Stay updated on hot HR topics for tech companies with the tools and resources we offer to our members. Tools like:
- Custom mini-surveys – consult our custom survey databank of competitive tech industry employment practices (e.g. vacation, overtime, equity, co-op/intern compensation) or work with us to create a custom survey to get the data you need when you need it.
- Weekly newsletters with links to news, articles, events, best practices for HR in tech and more
- Events for HR practitioners in the tech industry (qualifying for CPHR credits) – recent topics have included “Benchmarking Diversity”, “Mental Health Strategies”, “Design Thinking”, “Creating Thriving Teams”, “Compensation Analysis”, “Immigration Pathways to Hiring Global Talent” among others.
- Special Interest Groups and Roundtables– participate in smaller working groups with other HR professionals from local companies (e.g. Recruitment, COVID-19 Employer Planning, Emerging Practitioner SIGs).
- HR Job Posting Board – Post your HR openings to our member job board.
- Mentorship program – become a mentor and give back to your community, or be a mentee and learn from senior HR practitioners in tech.
- Leadership Development Programs and Conferences – Members save on registration costs for leadership development programs and for our bi-annual Tech Talent Conference, a one-day conference on best employee practices for tech companies.