What are the Benefits of Membership?
Access and participation in the Tech Salary Survey
- Canada's leading tech sector Salary Survey, with over 200 technology companies participating.
- The survey is produced in partnership with Mercer and the survey questionnaire is completed in May and June by members, with results available in early September.
- Participant rates range from $795 - $995 CAN, which is a 60% - 68% savings from the retail price of $2,495 CAN.
- More than 200 positions are reported (from CEO to Cloud Ops Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, CFX Artist and Customer Success Manager) in tech subsectors such as ICT, digital media and gaming, visual FX / animation, wireless, alternative energy and life sciences. Additional subsectors are being added in 2022.
Benefits Programs, Buying Plans and Benefits Survey
- Free Tech Benefits Survey report every 2 years.
- Participate in the tech industry Benefits Buying Plan with other members. By pooling our premiums together, member companies are saving significant amounts of money! Plans are unique to your organization in terms of experience ratios and plan design.
- Receive a full array of retirement services for your employees through TAP Network's Retirement Program Advantage
- Access valuable benefits consulting services provided by HUB International, our tech industry experts.
You can learn more about our member benefits program with HUB International here.
Access to 800+ People and Culture Professionals in the Tech Sector
- Networking opportunities with hundreds of peers who are also managing people and culture teams within Canadian tech companies
- Collaborate, learn and share information with peers who are driving People and Culture practices at nimble growth stage companies and award-winning anchor tech companies
- Instant access to peer group collaboration through our members-only Slack channels.
Access to Tools, Resources and Discounts
Stay current on hot People and Culture topics for tech companies:
- Custom mini-surveys – consult our custom survey databank of competitive tech industry employment practices (e.g. turnover, overtime, equity, co-op/intern compensation) or work with us to create a custom survey to get the data you need when you need it.
- Weekly newsletters with links to news, articles, events, best practices for People and Culture in tech and more
- Events for People and Culture practitioners in the tech industry (qualifying for CPHR credits) – recent topics have included “Benchmarking Diversity”, “Mental Health Strategies”, “Creating Thriving Teams”, “Compensation 101”, “Immigration Pathways to Hiring Global Talent” among others.
- Special Interest Groups and Roundtables– participate in smaller working groups with other People and Culture professionals from Canadian companies (e.g. Diversity Equity & Inclusion, Senior Practitioner, Total Rewards, Emerging Practitioner SIGs).
- People and Culture Job Posting Board – Post your People and Culture openings to our member job board.
- Mentorship program – become a mentor and give back to your community, or be a mentee and learn from senior People and Culture practitioners in tech.
- Leadership Development Programs and Conferences – Members save on registration costs for leadership development programs and for our conference, Tech Talent North.
- Discounts on DE&I consulting services, executive education programs and business insurance solutions
“The TAP Network truly champions the needs of our industry. Whether through professional development opportunities, knowledge sharing, or valuable resources at our fingertips, TAP Network strives to keep its members at the forefront of the industry."
– Natasha Gordon, Senior Director, Human Resources – Ntirety